Thursday, June 16, 2005

Nothing serious

Something slightly more sensible later, but first, a bit of fun.

I've been given the web-lurgi, by the Despairadoes...

1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?

I'd have to go for limited prescience - normally I game mechanic that as having the initiative in every combat round (yep, I've RPG'ed Supers). Full prescience sucks,m ask Paul Atreides.

2. Which, if any, 'existing' superhero(es) do you fancy, and why?

Obviously Death (from Sandman) doesn't count, she isn't exactly a Superhero. So I'll leave my fervid rantings about her alone. I have recently reckoned Jenny Sparks from The Authority was alright, coz she's nails.

3. Which, if any, 'existing' superhero(es) do you hate?

I've always had a real down on Guy Gardner, for lowering the tone of the Majestic Green Lantern Corps.

4. What would your superhero name be?

The Librarian (Level four, for all those who remember Warhammer 40K).

5. Is there an 'existing' superhero with whom you identify/whom you would like to be?

I wouldn't say identify, but Green Lantern has attractions, specifically, that it can be anyone who has and wnats to have a Ring of power...hmmm that sounds familiar.

Anyway, I'll add that I don't identify with any of this, Super Dickery

6. Pass it on. Three people please, and why...

Well, I took this up to show I read Stuart's blog, and he's already tagged most of the people I'd try, so I'll try as an experiment for Kevin Carson, Ken MacLeod and Loonie, on the off chance they come by and want to pick up the theme (although I think Loonie may have already been done, I can;'t recall. I think more radical superheroes are needed.

Normal service will resume later with a story about a book called Fuck Me and gay Kings in a Louisiana Library.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Librarian (Level four, for all those who remember Warhammer 40K).

Thank you. I had forgotten, but now I remember. THey got to carry the really big swords, didn't they?

12:12 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

I think everyone did, didn't they, complete with Massive shoulder pads - the Librarians were the Imperial Magick users...

1:35 PM  
Blogger Kevin Carson said...

Thanks for the invite. I'm not sure I can do it justice, though, since I'm totally not into the comic book thing. I'll mull it over for a few days, though, and see if I can come up with something.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Kevin Carson said...

Well, Bill, I've been thinking about it, and I'm stumped. The only comic superheroes I'm aware of are the handful of big names that wound up on Superfriends, or that I happened across in my cursory childhood ventures into comic books. I had a Batman fixation for a while in second grade, obsessively spending every recess in a "Batcave" under some bushes--but that's not much to go on.

So at the risk of looking like a bad sport, I'll cop out and avoid the even bigger risk of giving some utterly lame answers.

I will say this, though: as a 13-year-old, like just about every member of that group, I spent an awful lot of time daydreaming about the fun I could have with a secret power of invisibility.

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home