Thursday, May 17, 2007

Brown Zedong

Well, to answer Darren's question, below, I would have voted McDonnell - I can't say I agree with him on everything, but at least he tried and he seems a nice personable gadgee.

But, to the ongoing debate - I got some literature from the Brown campaign through my door last night (who paid for that?). It reads like some of the interminable job applications I have to occasionally go through "I have decided to stand as leader of the Labour Party because I want to make a cotnribution to meeting the challenges ahead. I am capable of working under my own initiative and as a member of a team." OK, so I embellished the quote a little, but you get my drift.

The big question is, what sort of historical illiterates are running his campaign, see this picture here:

Look familiar? Well, it ought to, because it is reminiscent of quite a famous photo indeed:


That's right, brutal, tyranous murderous dictator Mao Zedong making himself seem all cuddly and smiley with lots of happy children, of course, he always secured 90% of the votes of the Chinese communist party as well. Maybe Brown really is a sixties child "If you go copying pictures of Chairman Maooo..."

My thoughts on how I will vote, a little later.

p.s. my initial private ey-ish title for this post was "Gordon Brown in paedophila shocker"...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the 1996 US elections when Bob Dole was running against Bill Clinton.

Dole came on stage at one of his speeches to the Beatles song 'Taxman'.

It's no wonder Clinton won by a landslide.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Stuart said...

Hi Bill,
Sorry to use your comments box, but Dave Gorman is trying to contact you. Could you email or ring him? If you need his contacts, email me (stuartwatkinsrsb at lycos dot com).
Cheers

2:25 PM  
Blogger Stuart said...

Sorry again, but did you get Dave's number? I think there's something wrong with your email account.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home