Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bill in not being totally useless shocker!

OK, so I decided to try playing for myself. I'm pretty crap at kick-about-in-the-park-footy, but I wanted to see if I was capable of catching and throwing a rugby ball in anger.

So I signed up for Skolars tag, played on the Oz Tag rules (which one bloke said is a roaring success in Ireland atm: more power to them).

I joined as a single player, so I was allocated to a team of people who've clearly played rugby plenty (my one advantage, actually, as I didn't try to fend or break tackles out of habit like they did). I only dropped the ball once, knocked on once, and missed a catch (I wasn't expecting it, your honour). I did't complete a tag/tackle - but I did get in a couple of neat passes and one good run (which won a penalty coz the feller grabbed my shorts rather than the tag).

Great crack!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Imposs1904 said...

Tag rugby?

That's not how I remember the brutality and random violence of rugby at school.

Sounds like the equivalent of trying to play football without a ball.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

There was still some random violece, the team who brought shirts, adn who argued with the ref (conostantly) got narked bny teh fending, and decided to hit back, at least once.

They were big fellers too.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home