Friday, July 03, 2009

Squatters

It seems the Keens have developed squatters - I know this because the barman in my regular haunt is a black bloc anarchist involved in the squat.

The Keens are a pair of Labour MPs who have a house they list as their main that has been empty for seven months or more - they say it is being renovated (slowly, it seems).

The interesting thing this bloke told me was that the anarchists involved are trying to get local independents to stand against the couple at the general election - back to non-partyism.

I explained I think that parties are useful and important for accountability, but we agreed to disagree.

It's positive that it is turning into a political movement, but the craze for independents (usually Tories in Disguise) illustrates it's a negative movement. But, we shall see.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home