Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Bradford bull

It's always terrible whenever a swathe of lay-offs is announced. It's always sad when a town's club dies. I have to confess, at first I thought about digging into my pockets to help the dig-out fund for the Bulls. I checked who owned them, decided they were privately owned, and kept my cash in my pocket. If they were a co-op or a supporters trust I've have chipped in. But I didn't see why I should help someone make a profit (either directly or ultimately).

On top of that, what with the mess at Rangers, I've become less tolerant. Financial mismanagement of a club is cheating, it keeps them in place when other clubs who are working hard and managing on a shoestring could step up and benefit from the earnings. So many families rely on a club for their incomes, it is despicable to play fast and loose with that. Even star league players aren't super rich in this country.

I hope a new club arises from the ashes, even if it has to start from rock bottom. This link leads to a very pissed off fans forum. And they rightly are. I hope that the game with Broncos goes ahead this weekend, even if it has to be played on some local rec.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bloggingbooks said...

Dear Mr. Bill,

I work for Bloggingbooks publishing house (bloggingbooks.net), which is the new publishing brand of SVH publishing house.

We are looking forward to extend our publishing programme, and we are therefore searching intensively for interesting and well presented blogs that may be suitable for publishing.

Would you be interested too in publishing your blog posts? I look forward to a positive reply from you.

Should you have any questions, I would be pleased to answer your queries by e-mail. You may also get more information about Bloggingbooks concept, by visiting our website.

contact email: m [dot] gorbulea [at] bloggingbooks [dot] de

3:02 PM  
Blogger ajohnstone said...

The whole of Scottish football administration stinks.

The latest in the sad tale is the gerry-mandering of votes in the league.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/no-shift-of-power-in-sfa-s-grand-plan-for-scottish-football-1-2399609

and here

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers-newco-new-divisions-appear-1-2399610

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home